Saturday, May 9, 2015

SSRS: Can Reporting Services handle more than 210 columns??? YES IT CAN!!!

Hi Everyone, this is not one of my more interesting posts but it certainly answers a question that's bothered me in recent weeks. Can SSRS handle rendering over 210 columns??? Yes, 210! 

Reluctantly, I went about doing this enormously tedious exercise. But what worried me was whether Reporting Services "could actually do it, whether it could handle it". So I began searching on the net on any such limitations or someone who had encountered such an issue. Interestingly, I couldn't find anyone who had posted a similar kind of question. Maybe, I was the first, I thought. So I was forced to knuckle down and do the did. 

Lo and behold, Reporting Services can do it!!! It can handle a report with over 210 columns. I don't know about anything greater than 211, but I can certainly tell you that it handle 211!

So to my fellow SSRS Developers out there, see if you can beat that!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment